The Manor Estate


The Klein-Glien manor estate (Rittergut) can be traced back to the 14th century. During the Thirty Years’ War it was devastated in 1640 and, according to an inscription, rebuilt in 1771. After several changes of ownership, the estate passed to the von Tschirschky family, who lived there until 1945.

In the course of the land reform, the noble family was expropriated. The manor house then came to house living quarters, a Konsum (state-run cooperative shop), the mayor’s office, and a daycare centre.

In the 1990s it was home to, among other things, a furniture store, the Landwehrstuben restaurant serving cuisine typical of the Fläming, and a goose and duck fattening operation. Following renovation in the early 2000s, various tenants came and went, along with a period of vacancy, before Coconat took over the ensemble in 2017.

«

»