COCONAT stands for community and concentrated work in nature.
We are an impact-oriented company: Positive social effects are fundamentally more important to us than profit maximization. We promote rural development through our innovative tourism model that combines workation, coworking, coliving, social entrepreneurship and maker.
Coconat creates an open and diverse community life where everyone* can pursue his/her individual and collective visions, in whatever field. The goal is an inclusive and inspiring environment for all people.
Our team members mostly live in the region, often only a few houses away. Many come from Brandenburg, some from other regions of Germany or even from distant countries. All enjoy the unique working atmosphere and contribute their talents to make this extraordinary project possible.
Our cuisine is vegetarian, often vegan. For lunch and dinner there is one dish from the buffet, which the cook (f/m/d) prepares and presents fresh every day. Meat, such as local game is only available on special occasions. Our vision is to be able to prepare the meals with a high proportion of organic food, at best from the region, in order to live sustainability also in the kitchen.
Our Kitchen Collective Seeks
- Cooking: You cook in our spacious kitchen, with or without music, singing, dancing, in silence and highly concentrated, just as you like. The main thing is that you cook with love.
- Menu planning: creating the weekly meal plan as well as event catering based on existing and new recipes, and further approaching or developing our vision.
- Purchasing: you control our food inventory and purchase online from Terra, Chefs Culinare or locally. You’ll order replacements for broken equipment. Remote possible.
- Staff Planning: you juggle the monthly stated capacities of your teammates, look for replacements, and are the pooled communication channel(s) of the kitchen team’s interests to the founders. Remote possible.
- Hygiene & Order: You check that hygiene rules are adhered to and optimize processes and order structures together with the team to enable smooth processes.
- You have experience cooking for many people, alone (up to 45 people) or in a team.
- You have experience in menu planning or you have a desire to try new recipes and plan the week in a diverse and creative way. You are sympathetic to our vision of vegetarian, sustainable cuisine.
- You have a good working knowledge of spreadsheet programs such as Google Sheets, work neatly and like numbers, and have no problem setting your colleagues’ shifts.
- You like to deal with food prices in order to realize our vision in an economically sustainable way when shopping online.
You are a team player, like to cook alone as well as together.
- You are an open person, love to be a host and to spoil our guests with culinary delights.
- You keep the overview and your friendly language in stressful moments, you like flat hierarchies and open communication also in your role as team leader.
- You are fascinated by innovative, international environments, you like entrepreneurial spirit and you can identify yourself with the special features of Coconat.
- Place of work: Bad Belzig, OT Klein Glien as well as remotely
- Start of work: from September 2021
- Scope: 30-40h/week, sometimes remote possible
- Gives a lot of experience, future prospects and a lively network to visionaries who want to make a lasting difference, applause from guests and a lively community.
- Do you just want to cook and only coordinate yourself? Then we are also looking forward to your application. Or do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and can imagine opening your own restaurant with us? Then please note the following
Please send your application by September 13 to email@example.com.