WHY A RETREAT FOR HR LEADERS?
Leaders of Human Resources or People Operations teams always operate in a double role: they are supposed to act as (almost external) consultants shaping organizational culture, to navigate through bumpy times and to ensure employee engagement. At the same time they are themselves involved in internal politics and have to manage their own teams as a leader, who clarifies direction, provides purpose, takes hard decisions, compromises and who ultimately takes care of their people as a role model for other leaders in the organization.
To ensure their efficacy, HR Leaders need to manage their own physical and psychological resources even with greater care than leaders of other functions in the organization.
WHAT IS THE RETREAT TO BE ABOUT?
The retreat aims to provide a safe space to work on what is important to the participants and to fully embrace their heart, mind, body and soul. This means combining deep-dives into HR/People topics with body work, meditations and individual reflections:
- How is my current energy level? Which topics consume my energy and how do I recharge my batteries?
- Why do I work in this organization and what is my purpose here? Which feelings and emotions do I currently have re- garding people, projects and the challenges that I face?
- What are my “darling projects” that would lift the organization up to another level? What is my impact and what am I aiming to achieve in the next 6-12 months?
- How do I deal with my frustrations and with the fact that I cannot live up to everyone’s expectations even if decisions are right for the company?
The questions will be tackled in two basic formats:
Working Sessions: self-organized groups that dive deep into HR/People topics of their interest (barcamp format) or that reflect on individual topics (impact, purpose) of the participants.
Body Work Sessions: guided sessions of active breathing meditations / mindfulness / yoga to connect participants with their inner feelings and resources.
- Date: April 19–21, 2018
- Location: Coconat Space near Berlin (www.coconat-space.com)
- Duration: Thursday 5.00 pm – Saturday 2.00 pm
- Costs (excl. VAT): 699.- € (499.- € in case you book until February 15, 2018) workshop fee plus 150.- € for food / accommodation
INFORMATION and REGISTRATION
The target group for the retreat are HR Leaders (e.g. VP, Head of) and Senior Experts (e.g. Performance Management, Talent Management & Training, Diagnostics).
For more information or to register for the event please get in touch with me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or register via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/hrecharge-a-retreat-for-hr-leaders-tickets-42511890208